Thursday 29 October 2009

Taipei is cool! Taipei loves Bordeaux!

Wide awake ! We had an outstanding dinner at Joyce East.

As this is one of Bryan’s locals, they didn’t mind that I’d brought my own bottle for the evening – a Leoville Lascases 1994 – and just look at the photo of him scrutinising the bottle !

The wine was just what we expected - still vibrantly youthful with fabulous elegance, complexity and length. Seriously scrumptious and perfect way to wind down after what felt like the longest day.


I drifted off last night to the sound of Taiwanese voices on TV, which brought back lovely memories of being out here as a child visiting my mother’s family.

Today is going to be a busy day as I’m off to check out the local wine retail scene and meet with potential business partners - it’s a long-term dream to open a Max Wine Gallery here in Taipei. One should never stop dreaming and meeting people …

No comments:

Post a Comment