Thursday 29 October 2009

greetings from Taipei !!

Back on the blog !

I finally arrived jet-lagged and tired in Taipei earlier today. After checking in to the fabulous Far Eastern Plaza Hotel (
www.shangri-la.com/en/property/taipei/fareasternplaza), I quickly went about my tried and tested ‘jet lag beating’ routine – an invigorating run to get my bearings, soak up local culture and get my legs moving after such a long time in a tin can, a luxurious warm shower and then the spiciest food I can find to wake up my palate. Works every time !

I love being in Asia and simply have to have a bowl of Wonton Noodle Soup before I do anything else. It just doesn’t taste the same anywhere else.

After a bit of email catch-up with the guys back home to see how the Wine Gallery is going, I'm now going to meet Bryan - an old friend and a BIG Bordeaux wine lover! Bryan, who is a successful private banker, is seriously passionate about Bordeaux – so much so that he’s even started blogging about it ! Check out
http://blog.xuite.net/bryan868/king868 - scroll down past the seal (yes, you read that properly) to see his tasting notes on Potensac, Angelus, Palmer, Pavillon Rouge and Petit Cheval. I can’t wait to show him the Wine Gallery – he’d go insane.

we're going to a restaurant called Joyce East, which is apparently a modern French restaurant with an amazing wine cellar. Hope they won't mind that I've brought my own surprise for Bryan ...

No comments:

Post a Comment